Technology is a purposeful, instinctive tool that teachers and students use in their quest for learning. We continually strive to create an environment in which teachers and students have access to current technology tools that are integrated into their classroom.
Technology enables teachers to accomplish relevant, real world projects allowing their students to collaborate and acquire skills needed for success in their future education and careers.
Our students have exposure to a variety of tools throughout the school:
• Broadcast room in which live student-led morning broadcasts as well as classroom projects are completed. This studio includes sound and video equipment, which transmits a signal throughout the building.
• Computer lab with multimedia equipment and software including Adobe and Mac products
• Mobile computing through laptops and iPads
• Classroom computers
• Google Applications for Education, including Google Drive that allows students access to their documents anywhere in the building as well as at home. In addition, students, through Google Drive, students can collaborate both with their peers and teachers.
• 30 iMac computers in a state-of-the art computer lab
• 30 Windows 8 touchscreen laptops in 2 mobile carts
• 4 Windows computers in each kindergarten through 5th grade classroom
• 3 Windows computers is each middle school classroom
• 12 Windows laptops in the science lab
• iPad sets for each grade level
• Interactive Whiteboard Capability in all classrooms
• Microsoft Office
• iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband Suite
• Adobe Premiere Video Editing Software
• Adobe Photoshop Editing Software
• Google Applications for Education
• Comic Life
• Digital Textbooks
All these products are accessible within and outside the school walls 24/7.
• RenWeb Teachers’ grade books, communication to families, rosters, posted assignments; families’ access to assignments and grades
• BrainPop, BrainPop Jr, BrainPop Spanish Videos and activities, animated, curricular content for all grade levels
• Discovery Education Online video streaming, curriculum and grade level specific video content for teacher and student use for all grade levels
• Follett “Destiny” Library Catalog Software Online library catalog for Saint Raphael Catholic School library, e-book access
• Glogster.edu Interactive posters combining text, graphics, music, videos, etc.
Online math skills practice, subscription for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades and selected 6th and 7th grade math classes, teacher access to manage assignments and progress
• NoodleTools Online research assistance for grades 5th through 8th
• Reading A to Z Online leveled reading, subscriptions for kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades
• SQWORL School-wide and teacher specific links to webpages and web documents
• WorldBook Online Encyclopedia Kids, Student, Advanced, and Spanish, electronic version of World Book encyclopedia with additional video and primary source content, all grade levels